Amish Whoopie Pies Recipe
2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
4 cups flour
1 cup baking cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 cup sour milk
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup hot water
1. Cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, and salt.
3. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour milk.
4. Add the vanilla and dissolve soda in hot water and add last. Mix well.
Whoopie Pies (a traditional Amish recipe)
Whoopie Pies are a most loved traditional Amish treat. Made like a sandwich with two generously sized soft cake-like chocolate cookies and a fluffy vanilla cream filling they are the ultimate nostalgic comfort food.
- 2 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 2/3 cups of Karo Syrup
- 2 cups of water
- 2 1/2 lbs. of peanut butter
- 7 ounces of marshmallow creme
- Pour Brown Sugar, Sugar, Karo Syrup and water together in saucepan.
- Boil the ingredients for a few minutes then cool.
- Add the peanut butter and marshmallow creme.
- Stir well.
- Cover and keep at room temperature.
- 12 Ritz crackers
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Bar (optional)
- 12 large Marshmallows
- Spread a bit of peanut butter on each cracker
- Put a square of chocolate on top of peanut butter
- Top with a marshmallow
- Place on cookie sheet
- Broil for 1 minute until marchmallows are golden brown
Hope you enjoy and comment below with alterations to the recipe that you find to be really good.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1- 1 pound 4ounce can pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts
Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and can of pineapple (not drained). Add eggs, vanilla and nuts. Pour into baking pan and bake.
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes Temp: 350° F Pan Size: 13x9x2