Before Christmas, why spend your time rushing and running to the huge malls and department stores, trying to get that deal and use that coupon at the right place and time? Have a much more enjoyable experience as you travel along the back roads, enjoying houses that are adorned with Christmas decorations, trees that are covered with snows, and shops that are uncrowded and welcoming.For one stop shopping try the Valley View Cheese Factory, for delicious treats, old fashioned wooden toys that are still lots of fun, or a nice warm quilt.
During the first week of January 2012, we hosted a family of four from Sydney, Australia who selected our area for skiing, nearness to Niagara Falls, Amish proximity and accessibility to Native American sites.
Attend an authentic quilt bee with the Amish Quilting ladies and English (non-Amish) quilters also. Event is from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Historical Church at Leon
Brochure & Map
Get your own copy of an Amish Trail brochure & map stop by:
- any of the Amish Trail businesses
- the Gowanda Area Chamber of Commerce located at the Northern gateway to the trail
- the Amish Trail Welcome Center in Randolph, New York the Southern gateway to the trail
Events along the Amish Trail
- Christmas at Cozy Cabin Alpaca Farm (in 1 day)
- Randolph's Country Christmas(in 8 days)
- Seneca Allegany Events Center presents Eric Burdon & The Animals, with the Edgar Winter Band(in 9 days)
- Leon's Old Fashion Christmas Program(in 17 days)