Amish Whoopie Pies Recipe
2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
4 cups flour
1 cup baking cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 cup sour milk
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup hot water
1. Cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, and salt.
3. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour milk.
4. Add the vanilla and dissolve soda in hot water and add last. Mix well.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes.
6. Make sandwiches from 2 cookies filled with the Whoopie Pie Filling.